Today is a special day! It's Father's Day and as of today, I'm 20 weeks and 1 day in which means I'm officially in the second half of this pregnancy! Woohoo! To commemorate this milestone, here is a 20 week bump pic:
Our anatomy scan is tomorrow afternoon and I'm kind of nervous, but mostly excited. I know there are people out there that only look at the anatomy scan as primarily a sex reveal which is great, but I have my mind on other stuff. I can't wait to see her. How much does she weigh? How big or little is she? Is she really the size of a banana? I also hope our baby's heart is properly formed and healthy, her spine is closed, has all of her fingers and toes, and no significant markers for neural defects or deformities. I have faith that things will turn out well, but these kinds of things linger in my mind. As for finding out the sex, we had an elective scan done when I was 16w3d by our OB and she said our baby is a girl, but DeeJ and I joke around that somehow the scan will show that baby girl is really a boy. It isn't even important to us, but we laugh about how many people we'd have to un-tell and what little progress we've made with names will be undone and we'd have to start over.
Nevertheless, baby TeeJ is moving like a champ. She kicks regularly; at least that's what it feels like most of the time. Other times it feels more like a head butt and it makes me jump. She responds really well to DeeJ's voice, so much so that I've banned him from speaking to her before I go to bed. Any other time is fine with me. DeeJ is really eager to start playing music and record messages for her so we'll probably start that next week. I'm also convinced that she loves it when I use the belly oil that Catmagick sent me (thank you my love!). I get a lot of movement every time I use it.
As for me, I'm still taking Zofran on a daily basis and it's very possible that I will have to keep taking it for the rest of this pregnancy. But, I'm very happy that I've gone from taking it 3-4 times a day to 1-2 times a day. To me, that's progress because my nausea and keeping food down is much more manageable. Not only do I feel more like myself again, but it's become a lot easier on my wallet. My energy is slowly coming back, but I wish I could sleep better. But even with lack of sleep, some discomfort, constant bathroom trips, and everything else that comes with pregnancy, this is totally worth it. I really can't wait to see her.

You look fantastic! That's so awesome that she's moving a lot. I hope that everything looks perfect today. Good thoughts and prayers for you and baby <3
ReplyDeleteYay! Congratulations TeeJ! You're looking fabulous my dear. I'm really happy you are using the belly oil too and that she likes it! Hooray!!! Love you <3
ReplyDelete