Saturday, July 12, 2014

24 weeks! Which means... It's V Day!

So I've actually never done one of these check-ins before. Let's see if I can keep it up!




How far along:  24 weeks! We're officially at our viability date!


Size of baby:  Cantaloupe (Random fun fact: My family and I are from the Caribbean and DeeJ makes fun of me for hating cantaloupe. He calls a a staple island fruit and thinks it's crazy that I don't like it.)

Weight change: ~+5 pounds


Maternity Clothes: Yep, but mostly pants. I have a few shirts that I wear because I think they're cute though.


Stretch Marks: Nope


Sleep:  Or lack thereof. I get up about 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom so I can be a cranky pants in the morning.


Symptoms: Mostly tired and still low energy. Both sides of my hips hurt while trying to sleep even with my Snoggle and another pillow. I have backaches when I stand for longer than 20 minutes and high heels are not my friend anymore. I also have random cramping in my calves.


Best Moment of the Week: DeeJ finally felt her kick! It was so awesome, especially since I've been trying to get the timing just right for a few weeks now.


Miss Anything: LIQUOR. I still stare at the 2 bottles of bourbon I bought 4 days before my BFP. I can't wait to crack those suckers open.


Cravings/Aversions:  Not too many strange cravings. Mostly stuff with bread and cheese. People around me, including DeeJ, find it odd that I don't crave things like sweets or eat at all sorts of foods. Ah well.


Showing Yet: Oh yeah... I'm all belly.  


Mood: I'm ok. I'm still anxious at times, but I *think* I'm finally starting to relax a little. 


What I am Looking Forward to: Seeing our baby girl at our appointment on Thursday! It's only been 4 weeks since the anatomy scan (which was perfect by the way), but it feels like an eternity.

3 comments:

  1. YAY - great news! Congrats! That's so exciting that you guys can both feel her kick now. And as always, you look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on V-day! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Congrats on hitting V-Day!! And yay that Derek finally got to feel her kick, that must be a pretty awesome moment for all of you :) You are seriously so cute, I love the bump!!

    ReplyDelete