Friday, October 24, 2014

39 weeks! Welcome to full term TeeJ!

20 weeks!
39 weeks!

How far along:  39 weeks! 7 days to go and hello full term!

Size of baby: Watermelon. Whoa... That sounds scarier than a pumpkin.

What's going on in my belly: No change size and weight compared to last week.There's still some brain development going on in there as well as improvement of reflex skills (ability to flex limbs voluntarily for example). I personally don't agree with the reflexes part; Baby TeeJ has been flexing her arms and shaking her fists at the world since week 20. And I refuse to believe all the random jabs I've gotten in the ribs were involuntary.

Stretch Marks: I'm happy to report I am stretch mark free! I'm truly surprised by that.

Sleep: Pfft... I don't know what sleep is anymore.

Symptoms: Peeing every 30 minutes I'm count as a symptom damn it! Also cramping, which are likely more contractions, and pressure on my pelvis. 

Best Moments of the Week: Thursday was yet another weekly appointment with my OB. Overall uneventful, but a good visit. Baby TeeJ weighed the same (6 pounds and 5 ounces) as she did last week and her heart rate is nice and strong at 140bpm. She was very active during the ultrasound which is always a good thing. Next week for my appointment, I'll be 39 weeks and 5 days so that appointment will be the determinant of what happens next. I'm really hoping that Dr. B. follows through with induction options for November 3rd like she said. Friday was my last day in the office. Woohoo! My leave doesn't start until Baby TeeJ is here, but it's nice to be home and not have to wear maternity pants anymore. They were really uncomfortable. Speaking of work, I was pleasantly surprised by one of the departments I support. My friend K came over to my desk around lunch time with a card which I thought was nice enough. After we hugged and she left, I opened the card and saw all of the signatures from her co-workers... And a Target gift card. Cool! Then, I turned the card over and saw the amount. Nearly $400! Holy smokes! I can't tell you how shocked I was. I was in such shock that my first instinct was to call DeeJ and tell him. Of course I wrote them all thanking them, but wow! It'll definitely come in handy for baby supplies!

Miss Anything: The list is too long.

Cravings/Aversions: I'm craving salty things from what I can tell. Which makes me thirsty. So I drink water. And then I have to pee. It's a fun cycle.

Showing Yet: Yep. I'm so glad to be home because I'm tired of trying to squeeze into my work clothes.

Maternity clothes: I have to admit that I'm impressed that I can still fit the pre-pregnancy shirt in the picture above. Can't say the same about the pants, but hey, it's all about the little victories.

Mood: Still good! I think I'm especially happy because all of my friends are getting pregnant and having babies. I legit have 3 IRL friends that have recently gotten pregnant and it's awesome. I'm so so happy for them and I love seeing good people get their dreams fulfilled. 

What I am Looking Forward to: Next week's appointment of course! Last check-in, I'm 2cm dilated and effaced, but I forgot to ask for the percentage. I'd be curious to see if there is any progress at my next appointment. I know it doesn't mean anything as far as being able to predict labor, but it's still exciting nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for full-term!!! FX that you've made some good progress!!

    ReplyDelete