Size of baby: Winter melon or Swiss chard!
What's going on in my belly: Baby TeeJ is about 20 inches long and probably weighs just shy of 6 pounds. She is definitely breathing on her own by inhaling and exhaling. She's also blinking, grasping and gripping with her hands.
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: Nope. And you know what's annoying? People telling me, "Oh you'd better get your sleep now! You won't get any once the baby is here!" It like they forgot the discomforts and lack of sleep that comes with third trimester.
Symptoms: Nausea, heartburn, some seemingly random blurry vision, and what I'm pretty sure are some contractions. They aren't consistent enough to time them, but there have been a few occasions where I've bent over in some serious pain.
Best Moments of the Week: Hmmm... Where do I begin? Let's start with work! Who knew that would be a highlight! I finally had my meeting with HR and worked out my leave. I will officially be taking a total of 14 weeks and 11 of those weeks will be with 100% pay! I only expected 8 weeks so I'm very pleased. The rest will be covered by Short Term Disability, which I expected. On Sunday, we met with our photographer and got a preview of our maternity photos. They're so artsy and soooo pretty. We're waiting for her to do some touching up and should have them next week. I can't wait to get them because I really want to share. Next, our doctor's appointment on Thursday. Dr. B. wasn't available, so we met with the practice's midwife. She was super nice and bubbly. She did my Group B Strep test and my ultrasound. She was confirmed that Baby TeeJ is still very much head down, so much so that she's resting on my pelvis. The midwife kept calling her gorgeous and beautiful, which gave all sorts of warm and fuzzy feels. After some time, baby TeeJ finally showed her face and we could see her blinking on the ultrasound! It was so cool! She was also opening and closing her fists; it was almost like she was waving. The midwife also checked her heartbeat and the positioning of her legs and arms, as well as my fluid levels and all looked well. During our visit, she also did a weight check, and Baby TeeJ came in at nearly 6 pounds. What an increase in weight compared to 2 weeks ago! And... After a cervix check, I'm 1 centimeter dilated and effaced! As she midwife was checking, she said she didn't even have to stretch my cervix to get her fingers in there and she felt baby TeeJ's head. It's getting real!
Miss Anything: I still miss not being able to totally dress myself. DeeJ pretty much helps me with my pants and shoes. I tried to put on my favorite riding boots today which was a big fail. I almost tipped over in the chair trying and I felt like a turtle stuck on its shell. I love Baby TeeJ with all my heart, but I can't wait to be able to reach my feet again.
Cravings/Aversions: My aversion to water is back with a vengeance. I'm struggling to get more than 6 glasses a day. More than that and I start feeling like crap. I'm hoping to keep this at bay because it's reminding me of the start of my hyperemesis.
Showing Yet: Hehehe... I mean, c'mon... Of course I'm showing at this point!
Mood: Pretty good.
What I am Looking Forward to: Weekly appointments and wrapping up odds and ends. Perhaps put together my hospital bag this weekend? DeeJ is also doing a fantastic job. He put the car seat base in, got it inspected, and now he's organizing and washing the clothes and crib bedding. Oh, and he bought these as take home outfit options:
How cute are these? He's been so selfless through this pregnancy. I just know he's going to be an amazing Dad.
How cute are these? He's been so selfless through this pregnancy. I just know he's going to be an amazing Dad.


Getting so close!! I can't wait to "meet" Baby TeeJ!!
ReplyDeleteI love this!
ReplyDelete