Yesterday was H's 4 month birthday! I looked at her yesterday while getting ready and I still can't believe we're here! She's gotten so big, from 19 inches at birth to nearly 26 inches (will confirm at Monday's 4 month appointment). From 6 pounds to 12 pounds (will also confirm on Monday).
H is in the stage of everything must go in mouth. And I mean everything. Her fingers, my hair, if you're wiping her face with a burp cloth, or if you put your face near her face. Like so:
Basically anything but a teething toy. She smiles a lot, even when waking up in the morning, she coos, and she GIGGLES! Oh my goodness it's so freaking adorable. She's freaking adorable.
We're still adjusting to H and her needs but we've made a lot of progress. For example, she still requires constant attention, which I don't think we mind, but it can be exhausting. She at least allows us to put her down for a bit, but I think 5-10 minutes is her max before she starts fussing then eventually crying. Her naps are still non-existent. We maybe get about 3 naps during the day and they range from 30-40 minutes. We consider ourselves lucky if we get an hour. But overnight, well, with the exception of this week, she sleeps 5-6 hour stretches. This week, it's been 2-3 hours so I'm spent. I see that she also gets bored of her toys quickly and definitely prefers to carry on a conversation than carry a toy. It fascinates me that her and DeeJ can spend a good 10 minutes just cooing back and forth and how much she loves it.
Looking back, the past 4 months have been amazing. I still never, ever want to go through the newborn stage again, but I'm so glad I had a chance to do so with her.

The newborn stage is So. Hard. It's so amazing when your child is able to amuse him/herself if only for a minute and starts to show affection in return. Also sleep makes the world SO much more amazing. You guys are doing such a great job. And I love H! She is so adorable
ReplyDelete