Thursday, February 27, 2014

2,292 > 1,003

I was getting my hair washed when I got the call from Dr. K's office. I'm not ashamed to say that this was my reaction:


Poor shampoo girl. I'm pretty sure she got soaked because I jumped up so fast. 

This time I spoke to Nurse A. I could hear her smiling while she spoke to me. 2,292! I can't believe that is my second beta number. Since I've passed the 2,000 mark, I don't have to get another beta, but I will be seeing Dr. K. for an ultrasound. This whole thing is still blowing my mind. After my surgery, I had a post-op follow-up with Dr. K on January 31st. At the end of the appointment, he asked me to book another appointment in about 6 weeks because I was supposed to be taking Lupron. So I made my next it for March 3rd and was on my way. When I missed my chance to start the Lupron, I remember telling DeeJ this past Friday that I was going to cancel the appointment because I was expecting my period to arrive and wouldn't be taking Lupron for at least another 3 weeks. But I never got to cancel that appointment and now I'm getting an ultrasound!

I feel happy and excited, but for some reason, it hasn't registered in my brain yet. I keep looking for my BBT in the mornings and I keep going into Fertility Friend to look at my chart. Maybe it's habit but whatever my deal is, I need to get it together. If I could smack some sense into myself, I would. 

6 comments:

  1. Those are great numbers!! I'm so excited for you. Hopefully it will seem more real once you get to see the ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing numbers!! I'm so happy for you, Teej!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Numbers!! So happy for you Teej! GL at your ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting!!! So happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! I'm going to be stalking you like crazy tomorrow. FX super hard for your ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! The appointment isn't until 4. Feels like forever!!!!

      Delete