Monday, March 3, 2014

Best ultrasound EVAR!

Or possibly the second best. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever been happy to see the vag cam. Today was my ultrasound appointment with Dr. K and it couldn't have gone better. Dr. K, DeeJ and I liked what we saw, but we're not quite agreeing on how far along I am. I say 5w1d, he thinks I'm closer to 6 weeks. I'm not going to argue against ultrasound dating; I'm not that crazy. So while Dr. K was looking around, I jokingly asked if he only sees 1 sac and referenced my betas. He laughed; then stopped laughing. He said, "Well it's still early, but I think I see 2 yolk sacs." Um, what? He went on to say that it is really too early, and that he'll know for sure after our next appointment on the 14th. He also seemed kind of bummed because he was also able to see the fetal pole, but it was definitely too early for a heartbeat. He said, "I feel like the heartbeat is going to start tonight." So now we wait again, hopefully for the real best ultrasound ever.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that's so exciting! I hope that everything looks perfect next week and you get to see a heartbeat or two <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so exciting!! We, I mean...YOU have to wait 10 more days?! What will we, I mean YOU, do with yourself?! ;) Sending lots of good vibes to you and baby/babies!! Can't wait for the next u/s!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH EM GEEE!!! That's a beautiful ultrasound! I cannot wait to see what's going on in there next week! It does look like there might be 2 somethings in there. How amazing! ACK! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy effing shit!!!! That is SO amazing!! I am so excited for you!! Can't WAIT to find out more about what happens <3

    ReplyDelete