Friday, March 14, 2014

Graduation Day!

The past 11 days have felt like an eternity. I was so stressed out and wondered how today's appointment would turn out. The day and time was finally here and when Dr. K. walked in to the ultrasound room and asked how everything is going. I told him I was stressed but it was mostly self induced. With no bleeding or spotting, very little cramping, and recent onset of nausea and smell aversions, he smiled and I felt calmer.
I greeted the vag cam and we started the ultrasound.


So there he or she is! And yes, it's a single baby! We could see a flicker immediately while Dr. K. pointed out the yolk sac and the beginnings of an embryo sac. I was too busy looking for the flicker to appear again to pay attention. Eventually, after measuring everything, he ran the sound on the ultrasound and we heard a beautiful heart beat of 138bpm! It was the most exciting and beautiful thing I've heard in my life! While looking around, he also recommended a really good OB and Midwife and said I'm ready to graduate. Insert sad face here. I'm really going to miss Dr. K, but I'm really happy this is turning out well so far.

5 comments:

  1. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! This is amazing!!!! What great news; I'm so happy for you!!!! You better start posting on Tuesday grad threads ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so happy to see this <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got ridiculously excited reading this!!! The smile on my face is gigantic! HAI BABY!!!! Congrats on graduating from the RE, even if it's a little bittersweet. <3

    ReplyDelete