Size of baby: Acorn squash. Or butternut squash? Never had acorn squash, but I LOVE butternut squash lasagna.
What's going on in my belly: Movement has been steady. She responds to the usual; cold water and whatever food I happen to really enjoy. So she's more likely to move around after I've had macaroni and cheese (another LOVE), versus cold cereal.
Maternity Clothes: Combo. I almost feel like this one is kind of pointless, so I might take it out next week. But, I did buy a bunch of maternity clothes on Wednesday. I even bought *gasp* dresses (including the one above)! For those that don't know, I don't wear dresses; I'm a pants kind of girl. Unfortunately, the panels in the maternity pants feel uncomfortable when sitting so dresses it is!
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: So much better!
Symptoms: Belly feels really heavy. I'm probably going to buy a support belt. The hip pain is still there, but this week wasn't as bad as the past month. Every night DeeJ rubs my hips before bed and I do a lot of stretching on a stability ball. I'm also doing ice/heat treatment and so far so good.
Best Moment of the Week: Clothes shopping! Not for me, but for Baby girl TeeJ! So many onesies, footies, and socks! They're so cute and little! I may have gone a little crazy with the shopping because there's more to come. Damn you Zulily and Gilt! Also, we got to see her this week and she is head down! Dr. B, our OB, showed us using the ultrasound wand where her head, back, butt, and feet are. Her head is sitting right below my belly button, her back is on the left, her butt is above my belly button and her feet are on my right. It actually explains all the random thumping I feel on my right side. As of Thursday, when I was 28w5d, she weighed 2lbs and 8 ounces with a heart rate of 152bpm.
Miss Anything: Feeling comfortable. I know I still have 11 weeks to go, but walking around is challenging. I miss being able to walk around to random places for a few miles without my feet swelling up and my back hurting.
Cravings/Aversions: I have an aversion to sweets. I wasn't much of a sweets person pre-pregnancy so it's not the worst thing, but yeah, still kind of sucks. I can eat chocolate or whatever and it tastes good while eating it, but the aftertaste makes me feel nauseous. Even after brushing and rinsing. Hopefully that's not the one thing that sticks around.
Showing Yet: Yep. My boss offered to "roll" me down the hallway to a meeting. Awkward.
Mood: Meh, but it's not pregnancy related. This was a really tough week. My BFF, T, lost a really close friend unexpectedly. She was only 28. I met her on a few occasions, but what makes the situation really heartbreaking is that she leaves behind a one and half month old baby. It's hard to separate that kind of bad news and my sadness about it from my day to day feelings. I can't stop thinking about it.
What I am Looking Forward to: The results of my glucose test and of course, my next appointment in 2 weeks. I took the test Thursday and now we wait.



My thoughts go out to your friend's family. That is so heartbreaking :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your friend, T&Ps go out to them.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear baby girl is doing well and head down. I can't decide which made me smile more, you and your adorable bump or your awesome stash of baby clothes!!
I'm really glad to hear you're doing so well and that baby girl is too! Very sorry to hear about your friend though. That is always so difficult. <3
ReplyDelete