Yesterday was my last day of work until after the new year begins. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am. DeeJ has been on vacation since the 16th (Lucky dog! I have to remember to do that next year!), so he doesn't understand my excitement.
My mission for my time off and DeeJ's remaining time off is to finish some of the DIY projects we've been meaning to finish but were too lazy to get done sooner. First on the list? We're finally going to finish our coat and linen closet. We started the project over a year ago and we made really good progress, but our motivation to finish it waned towards the end. DeeJ put up the framing and I put up the drywall, but I got so tired of sanding compound and the cleanup that came with it so I stopped. I've slowly been working on it so the only thing left is to put in doors and shelving. Of course the doors I want are really expensive so the least we can do is put up the shelving.
After that, we're going to redo the partition between the kitchen and living room. It's uneven. DeeJ says it's the drywall (I put up the drywall); I say it's the framing (DeeJ put up the framing). We're at an impasse so we've decided to tear it down and start over.
The last thing is to patch up and paint over holes that we've made over the past 3 years of living here and my randomly moving stuff. Ah, the joys of homeownership!
No comments:
Post a Comment